Math in Our World: Path to 100
Lucas and Raven love board games.
They made this game themselves!
Lucas’s marker is green. Raven’s is orange.
Raven gets to roll the die next.
- What do you notice? What do you wonder?
- Use pictures, numbers or math words to show what is happening.
- What math questions can you ask about the game Lucas and Raven are playing? Answer all the questions you can!
- Think of the game board as a number path that goes around in a spiral. You can use the numbers on the game board to count forward or count backward.
- What number is Lucas on? What about Raven?
- What could Raven roll? Is it possible for her to win on her next turn?
- Look at the special green and pink boxes on the game board. What numbers are missing on those spaces? What happens if you land there?
- Show your work to someone else, and explain your thinking. Did they understand?
- Ask whether they have any other questions you can answer!
Make your own number path game board. You can use any numbers, and the game board can be any shape you like. Remember to include some spaces that send the player ahead or back. You can make up your own special rules, too. Ask a friend or family member to play your game with you. We’d love to see what you make, so share your game boards with us!