Math in Our World: Three Little Libraries
There are three free little libraries in my new neighborhood!
Some people donate books to the libraries. Some people borrow books, too.
I’m excited to donate these books to the little libraries today.
- What do you notice? What do you wonder?
- Show or tell what you know about the books. Use pictures, numbers, or math words.
- What math questions can you ask about the little libraries? Answer all the questions you can!
- Think about how many books there are in all. You can use groups of 5 books to help you find the total.
- How many books could go in the first little library? The second library? How many are left for the third library?
- How can you write an addition equation that matches the situation?
- Show your work to someone else, and explain your thinking. Did they understand?
- Ask if they have any other questions you can answer!
Find three boxes or bags. Use them to organize some books, toys, or other small objects in your home. Make up your own story problem with the results and share it with us!