Guess My Rule: Polygon Sort
- What do you notice about the number of sides in each shape?
- What do you notice about the lengths of the sides of each shape?
- Some shapes belong in the circles, and some shapes do not. What is the rule to be in the red circle? What is the rule to be in the blue circle? What is the rule to be in both circles?
- Draw a shape that doesn’t belong in either circle.
- Where would you place this shape? Why?
- Draw another shape that belongs in only the red circle.
Make your own rule, using shapes. You can use the circles below or draw your own.
If possible, show some examples that belong inside each circle and some examples that don’t belong in either circle.