Guess My Rule: Multiplication
- Some expressions belong in the circle, and some do not. What is the rule to be in the red circle? What is the rule to be in the blue circle? What is the rule to be in both circles?
- Can you write an expression that would go inside the intersection of the circles? How do you know?
- Write another expression that belongs in only the red circle.
- Write another expression that belongs in only the blue circle.
- Find the products of each expression.
- What do you notice about the products of the expressions in the middle?
- What do you think that means about the rules for the red and blue circles?
Make your own rule, using expressions. You can use the circles below or draw your own.
If possible, show some examples that belong inside each circle and some examples that don’t belong in either circle.