Guess My Rule: Fraction Fun
- Some fractions belong in the circles, and some do not.
What is the rule that decides what belongs in the red circle?
What is the rule that decides what belongs in the blue circle?
What is the rule to be in both circles?
- Can you write a fraction that would go inside the intersection of the circles? How do you know?
- Write another fraction that belongs in only the red circle.
- Write another fraction that belongs in only the blue circle.
- Write a fraction that would go outside of the circles. How do you know?
- What do you notice about the value of the fractions in both circles?
- Make a number line from 0 to 1. Try plotting the numbers in the red circle above the line and the numbers in the blue circle below the line. What do you notice?
- Can any of the fractions be written with different denominators?
- Make your own rule using fractions. You can use the circles below or draw your own.
- If possible, show some examples that belong inside each circle and some examples that don’t belong in either circle.