Math in Our World: Unfinished Business
Kayla and her friends made some snow people.
They put buttons on some of the snow people, but they ran out of buttons before they could finish.
- What do you notice? What do you wonder?
- Show or tell what you know about the buttons on the snow people. Use numbers, models, or math words.
- What math questions can you ask about the buttons? Answer all the questions you can!
- Think about how many buttons are on the snow people or how many buttons are missing.
- Do you see any groups of 10 buttons? Where?
Show your work to someone and explain your thinking. Did they understand? Ask whether they have any other questions you can answer!
Draw or make some snow people. Write a story problem about your snow people and share it with us!