Math in Our World: Indoor Recess
Mrs. David received $20 from the principal to buy indoor recess supplies.
The store has several items available that would make for fun indoor recess activities.
- Use pictures, models, or numbers to show what is happening.
- What do you notice? What do you wonder?
- What math questions can you ask about this situation? Answer all the questions you can!
- What are some things that Mrs. David should consider when thinking about spending the money?
- What do you notice about the store displays? How can you tell how many of each item they carry?
- Show your work to someone else, and explain your thinking. Did they understand?
- Ask whether they have any other questions you can answer!
What do you like to buy in the winter? If your teacher had $20 to spend on the indoor recess items shown here, what 2 items would you most want them to buy? Why?