Math in Our World: Math Path
We drew a long path of shapes outside today. We want to write one number in each shape, but we’re missing some numbers.
- What do you notice? What do you wonder?
- Use pictures, numbers, or words to show what is happening.
- What math questions can you ask about the picture? Answer all the questions you can!
- Redraw the path on a piece of paper. Write in the missing numbers.
- Identify the shapes on the path.
- Look for patterns on the path.
Show your work to someone else, and explain your thinking. Did they understand? Ask whether they have any other questions you can answer!
Make your own math path. You could draw it on pieces of paper and lay them on the floor. If you have sidewalk chalk, you could draw a path outside. You could even make a smaller path for your toys to play on. How many numbers and shapes can you draw? Send us a picture of your math path! Let us know how many numbers and shapes you used.