Math in Our World: Snack Time
Noelle loves fruit. She made this snack to share with some friends.
- What do you notice? What do you wonder?
- Use pictures, models, or numbers to show what is happening.
- What math questions can you ask about this situation? Answer all the questions you can!
How many pieces of fruit do you see? Can you group the items to help you count?
- Show your work to someone else, and explain your thinking. Did they understand?
- Ask whether they have any other questions you can answer!
It’s snack time! Create your own snack-related math problems! Use whatever snacks your family enjoys. Think about how many groups you want to make. Then think about how many pieces will be in each group. If you need to slice or cut something, get an adult to help you.