How Many? Dots & Dominoes
Find as many ways as you can to answer the question, “How many?”
There are many things to count and many ways to think about the picture below!
- What do you see that you can count? How many are there?
- Show or tell how you counted. You can use equations, numbers, or math words.
- What groups do you notice? How can they help you find the total?
- What equations can you write to describe how many?
- Can you count in different ways?
- Is there something else that you can count in the picture?
What else can you find around you that can be counted? How many are there? Do others count it the same way that you do?