Math in Our World: Trains, Trains, Trains
Hayden and Charlotte decided to play with trains today.
They wanted to make sure to share the trains fairly. They lined them up to see how many they had.
- What do you notice? What do you wonder?
- Use pictures, numbers, or words to show what is happening.
- What math questions can you ask about this picture? Answer all the questions you can!
- Think about what you could count or compare.
- What numbers or symbols could you use to describe the picture?
- Do you notice different groups of trains? Which group has the most?
Show your work to someone else, and explain your thinking. Did they understand?
Ask whether they have any other questions you can answer!
- Look around your home for a collection of toys or other objects. Can you sort your objects in different groups? How did you sort them?
- Can you make a pattern with the toys you found?