Math in Our World: How Many Markers?
We are cleaning up and putting all our art supplies in different containers to keep them organized.
We collected all the markers in our home to put them in this container. We wrote down how many markers are in the container so far. We still have some markers to put away.
- What do you notice? What do you wonder?
- Use pictures, numbers, or words to show or tell what you see.
- What math questions can you ask about the picture? Answer all the questions you can!
- Try to find out how many markers there are in all.
- If it helps, you can use a ten-frame to organize and count the markers outside the container.
- Show your work to someone else, and explain your thinking. Did they understand?
- Ask whether they have any other questions you can answer!
We have a lot of markers at our house, so we made a counting collection. Can you make your own counting collection? You could count crayons, rocks, shells, sticks, or toys. Take a picture and share your collection with us!