Math in Our World: Shape Hunt
Today we did a shape hunt at home. We looked around our house and found all kinds of flat and solid shapes.
- What do you notice? What do you wonder?
- Use pictures, numbers, or words to show or tell what you know about the shapes.
- What math questions can you ask about the picture? Answer all the questions you can!
- Think about what you can count or compare.
- Use tally marks to count how many of each shape you see.
- Which shapes are flat? What are their names?
- Which shapes are solid? What are their names?
- How many sides does each shape have? How many corners?
- Show your work to someone else and explain your thinking. Did they understand?
- Ask if they have any other questions you can answer.
Do a shape hunt at home! What shapes do you see around you? Draw a picture or gather the shapes you see to make a collection like we did!