Math in Our World: Shapes at the Park
We went to the park with a special mission—to find all the shapes that we could! We looked up high and down low.
We looked at the park from far away and up close.
We saw all kinds of shapes!
- What do you notice? What do you wonder?
- Use pictures, numbers, or math words to show or tell what you see.
- What math questions can you ask about the picture? Answer all the questions you can!
- Make a table with all the shapes you see. Use tally marks to count how many of each type of shape you see. You can use the table below or make your own.
- Think about what you can count or compare.
- Show your work to someone else, and explain your thinking. Did they understand?
- Ask whether they have any other questions you can answer!
Look around—what shapes can you see? Look up close and far away. You may be surprised how many shapes are all around you! Draw or take a picture of the shapes you see and share it with us!